Tips for Virtual, Outdoor, In-Person Programming During COVID-19- Children, Youth and Family
This interactive and informative 90-minute webinar will introduce emerging practices, fundamental methods, and knowledge to empower library staff to:
- incorporate children, youth, and family programming during the COVID-19 pandemic challenge,
- design, implement, and assess programs, including the use of take-home kits,
- reinvent their role with customers,
- strengthen collaborations among peers and community partners,
- help make the library a magnet drawing people into a realm to elevate an individual’s capacity for learning, discovering excellence, and contributing to life no matter the challenge.
An emphasis will be placed on virtual programming, however, examples of all program types – virtual, outdoor, in-person, and hybrid (in-person and virtual) – will be used for all sizes of libraries, budgets, and ambition.
As a result of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Identify three effective practices for designing and implementing a program in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic challenges
- Explain three ways to set up behind the scenes practices to help make virtual programs run more smoothly
- Describe four ways a production assistant and program presenters work together to make a program happen
- Identify two effective methods for assessing how to create a dynamic program (virtual, outdoor, in-person, or hybrid) no matter your library’s size, budget or level of ambition
- Visualize one new way to move forward with creating an exciting program or revamping a pre-COVID program and identify next steps
Constance Strittmatter ~Biography
Conni Strittmatter has worked as the Coordinator for Children’s and Teen Services at the Harford County Public Library and the Assistant Branch Manager for the Harford Community College Library in Bel Air, Maryland.
Dorothy Stoltz ~Biography
Dorothy is the Director for Community Engagement at the Carroll County Public Library in Westminster, Maryland.
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Arizona Time (change)