AZ Reimagines School Readiness
This is a 2 part virtual training held on Tuesday, May 4 and Thursday, May 6, 2021.
Do you wonder what research really says about how to support school readiness?
Attendees will gain insights into the current research behind the skills and conditions that matter most for a child's success in school and life.
Participants in this training will:
- Gain knowledge of key findings from current cognitive and developmental psychology research
- Understand the practical implications of school readiness for children
- Reflect on how research findings connect with current library programming
- Become familiar with the resources offered in the Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit
- Increase comfort in facilitating hands-on activities with children and their caregivers
- Gain practical ready-to-implement ideas for activities to use with children and their caregivers
- Gain resources for staff training and to disseminate to caregivers
This training is offered free of charge through a generous grant from the Institute of museum and Library Services as a part of a broader effort to disseminate the toolkit nationally. The toolkit was developed by the Bay Area Discovery Museum in collaboration with the California State Library and the Pacific Library Partnership. Find the toolkit here: https://bayareadiscoverymuseum.org/resources/educator-resources/library-toolkit
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Arizona Time (change)