Guerrilla Storytime is a peer-to-peer skill sharing event, a training methodology that allows all storytime providers to learn new skills, and a public way to show how hard Youth Services librarians & Early Childhood Educators work. We will discuss topics such as: handling the wiggles, communication with parents, transitions, favorite finger plays, scarf songs, guidelines/behavioral issues, opening/closing songs, interactive books, and much more!
Group participation and sharing guides the workshop content, outcome and success. Bring your creative brains and a willingness to contribute!
Click here to register for the Guerrilla Storytime event
or contact Stacie Kopa firstname.lastname@example.org
10:00-10:10 Introduction to workshop
10:10-11:00 Scarves, Rhythm Sticks, Shaker Eggs, Bean Bags, Parachute(s)
11:00-11:15 Break/Door Prize/networking
11:15-12:00 Questions and Simple Interactions
PURPOSE/GOAL OF PROGRAM:
Local professionals coming together to share ideas, network and promote creativity!
- Advocacy! Put your skills on display when you share tips and tools in public.
- Adventure! Learn something from new friends.
- Networking! Meet other library professionals.
Local Public Library and School Librarians, Early Childhood Educators, Student Teachers, and Early Care Providers.
- Jennifer Brown (Maricopa County Library District-Perry)
- Rachelle Thoman (Apache Junction)
- Stephanie Greene (Apache Junction)
- Meg Beer (Pima County)
- Stacie Kopa (Buckeye Public Library)
For questions please contact Stacie Kopa email@example.com
or Donna Throckmorton firstname.lastname@example.org.