BARD, BARD Mobile and BARD Express Class
BARD stands for Braile and Audio Reading Download. BARD is a web-based service that provides access to thousands of braille and encrypted audio books, magazines, and music scores available from National Library Service at the Library of Congress.
Come and learn how to navigate the world of books through the BARD website and BARD Mobile (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) and BARD Express (Android smartphones, tablets). Patrons and Family members are encouraged to come and learn how to download from the BARD website.
- 1. In this class we will teach you how to use either the BARD website or the mobile app to download books. We will even help you sign up for BARD.
- 2. How to unzip a file and transfer it to cartridge.
- 3. How to use BARD Express.
- 1. How to install.
- 2. How to navigate through the BARD app.
- 3. How to delete a book.
To take this class, you must to be a patron of the Arizona Talking Book Library or a family member of a patron of the Arizona Talking Book Library. To register for this service, please call at 602-255-5578 (or 800-255-5578) and go to the online application at www.azlibrary.gov/talkingbooks/apply
If you are signing up to learn about BARD Mobile or BARD Express, you need to bring your device (phone, tablet, ...) with you.
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- 9:30am - 1:00pm
- Arizona Talking Book Library - 1030 N. 32nd St. Phoenix, AZ 85008