Leap into Science - Safford
The Arizona State Library, Arizona Science Center and the Yuma County Library District are collaborating to host educator trainings on Leap into Science Workshops.
Leap into Science is a nationwide program developed by The Franklin Institute Science Museum that integrates open-ended science activities with children’s books, designed for children ages 3-10 and their families. The program empowers educators to offer workshops in community settings like libraries, museums, and out-of-school time programs to engage underserved audiences in accessible and familiar settings.
All library staff and other informal early literacy educators are welcome to attend these trainings. For those interested in education beyond the one-day training, Leap into Science also offers an opportunity for participants to receive more extensive materials, ongoing support and the opportunity to become part of a national network of Educators.If you are a new educators (did not receive a Balance kit in 2018) you are also eligible to receive one set of curriculum and a Leap into Science: Wind kit.
To apply to receive a Leap into Science: Wind kit please complete the Commitment Questions here. (One application per organization/branch.)
In order to be eligible to receive a kit and become a 2019 Educator, participants must:
- Lead at least three workshops by the end of April 2020 for children and families
- Lead an event during National Leap into Science Week (last week of February 2020)
- Participate in quarterly calls for trained educators in your state
- Complete brief online surveys after each event and at end of program year (April 2020)
- First time applicant (did not receive a Balance kit in 2018)
Visit the Leap into Science website for more information about this program. Leap into Science is funded by National Science Foundation, and led by The Franklin Institute andThe National Girls Collaborative Project.
- Saturday, September 7, 2019
- 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Safford City-Graham County Library - 808 7th Ave, Safford, AZ 85546