AZ Reimagines School Readiness
This is a 2 part virtual training scheduled for Tuesday, August 24 and Thursday, August 26, 2021.
Special Guest Presenter:
Saroj Ghoting, Early Childhood Literacy Consultant will connect the research to library practices for babies and toddlers with a 30 minute presentation at each session.
Donna Throckmorton and Ann Marie Creegan will share the research and facilitate learning activities for library staff.
Do you wonder what research really says about how to support school readiness? The Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit is a suite of research-backed resources created for library staff to help families prepare children ages 0 to 8 for success in school and in life.
Participants in this training will:
- Gain knowledge of key findings from current cognitive and developmental psychology research
- Understand the practical implications of school readiness for children
- Reflect on how research findings connect with current library programming
- Become familiar with the resources offered in the Reimagining School Readiness Toolkit
- Increase comfort in facilitating hands-on activities with children and their caregivers
- Gain practical ready-to-implement ideas for activities to use with children and their caregivers
- Gain resources for staff training and to disseminate to caregivers
This training is made possible through a grant from the Institute for Museum and Library Services, and a partnership between the Arizona State Library, the Bay Area Discovery Museum, the California State Library, and the Pacific Library Partnership.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Time (MST):
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Arizona Time (change)